- The Buy-One-Give-One Model Might Make You Feel Good But It Doesn't Make The World Better, Fast Company, November 2015. Named one of the Aspen Institute's Five Best Ideas of the Day on November 18, 2015 and shared on Time.com.
- Designing an Exit Strategy, Impact Design Hub, July 2016. Shared by SDG Philanthropy, January 2017.
- Ethics, Power, and Innovation: Development Engineering and the Market Economy, Impact Design Hub, February 2017. Shared by USAID's Global Dev Lab.
- Designers Don't Always Have the Answers: Keeping Our Work Grounded in Communities, GOOD.is magazine, April 2013.
- Put Down the Post-Its: We Need to Define What 'Innovation' Really Means, GOOD.is magazine, March 2013.
- Winter Waves on Lake Superior, Us of America print magazine, Spring / Summer 2017.
- She Explores, Brit+Co, January 2016.
- Explore the Black Hills Like a Local, Travel South Dakota, June 2017.
- A Conversation With Chip Chase, Founder of White Grass Ski Touring Center, RootsRated, December 2016.
- 7 Days in the Grand Canyon State: The Ultimate Arizona Road Trip, Sierra Club for RootsRated, July 2016.
- I Love the Freelance Life, But It's Hurting My Mental Health, New York Magazine's Science of Us, July 2017.
- Research Says: Go Camping for Better Sleep, Under Armour's MyFitnessPal, June 2017.
- Fat and Its Complicated History, Under Armour's MyFitnessPal, June 2017.
- Are Humans Really Born to Run?, Under Armour's MapMyRun, February 2017.
- Why Men and Women Shouldn't Train the Same Way, Under Armour's MapMyRun, March 2017.
- Social Design and Neocolonialism, Design and Culture 6.3, November 2014. Cited in The Stanford Social Innovation Review and The Plan Journal among others.
- The Citizen Designer: A Cautionary Note, Developing Citizen Designers, February 2016. Listed on Design Observer's Required Reading for 2017 and reviewed on Dialectic.
- Dogs Are More and More Like Family To Us. Why Do Some Public Places Still Bar Them?, Washington Post, August 2017.
- Home is Where You Make It, But I Guess I'm Already There, Near North Co., February 2017.
- The Case for Constantly Seeing Out New Adventures, Craghoppers, May 2017.
- The Annual Physical I Still Haven't Had, Misbehaving Blog, August 2015.