- The Buy-One-Give-One Model Might Make You Feel Good But It Doesn't Make The World Better, Fast Company, November 2015. Named one of the Aspen Institute's Five Best Ideas of the Day on November 18, 2015 and shared on Time.com.
- Designing an Exit Strategy, Impact Design Hub, July 2016. Shared by SDG Philanthropy, January 2017.
- Ethics, Power, and Innovation: Development Engineering and the Market Economy, Impact Design Hub, February 2017. Shared by USAID's Global Dev Lab.
- Designers Don't Always Have the Answers: Keeping Our Work Grounded in Communities, GOOD.is magazine, April 2013.
- Put Down the Post-Its: We Need to Define What 'Innovation' Really Means, GOOD.is magazine, March 2013.
- 4 Women Who Are Making An Incredible Impact On The Refugee Crisis, Elite Daily, March 2016.
- Winter Waves on Lake Superior, Us of America print magazine, Spring / Summer 2017.
- These Female Travelers Will Seriously Ignite Your Wanderlust, Brit+Co, January 2016.
- Explore the Black Hills Like a Local, Travel South Dakota, June 2017.
- A Conversation With Chip Chase, Founder of White Grass Ski Touring Center, RootsRated, December 2016.
- Perfecting the Art of Solo Travel: How to Wander Alone (and Where to Go), RootsRated for Craghoppers, April 2017.
- 7 Days in the Grand Canyon State: The Ultimate Arizona Road Trip, Sierra Club for RootsRated, July 2016.
- This Kickstarter Jacket Will Keep Your Stuff Safe While Traveling, Brit+Co, January 2016.
- Research Says: Go Camping for Better Sleep, Under Armour's MyFitnessPal, June 2017.
- Fat and Its Complicated History, Under Armour's MyFitnessPal, June 2017.
- Are Humans Really Born to Run?, Under Armour's MapMyRun, February 2017.
- Why Men and Women Shouldn't Train the Same Way, Under Armour's MapMyRun, March 2017.
- The Annual Physical I Still Haven't Had, Misbehaving Blog, August 2015.
- Social Design and Neocolonialism, Design and Culture 6.3, November 2014. Cited in The Stanford Social Innovation Review and The Plan Journal among others.
- The Citizen Designer: A Cautionary Note, Developing Citizen Designers, February 2016. Listed on Design Observer's Required Reading for 2017 and reviewed on Dialectic.
- Home is Where You Make It, But I Guess I'm Already There, Near North Co., February 2017.
- The Enchanting Slow Boil of Minneapolis, Near North Co., May 2017.
- Beware: Mediocre Men Ahead, The Reset, July 2017.
- The Case for Constantly Seeing Out New Adventures, Craghoppers, May 2017.
- I'm Still Mourning for the America We've Become, The Tempest, November 2016.